Rydal Penrhos has officially signed up for one of the world’s most popular image messaging and multimedia mobile applications.
The school officially joined the platform on Wednesday, October 25, and the move is expected to further enhance the outstanding communications it has established throughout a number of social media channels over the last two years.
It has more than 300 million active monthly users worldwide, with 173 million of these opening the app on a daily basis.
Communications Assistant Dean Jones, said: “Snapchat has surged dramatically to become the second most used app by teenagers worldwide behind only Instagram, and it is important that Rydal Penrhos School takes full advantage of this to remain at the forefront of digital communications.
“We will be providing content on day-to-day life at the school, in addition to stories from specific events such as Open Morning and letting our pupils take over the platform to further highlight the wealth of activities that go on here.
“We are very proud of our communication links here at Rydal Penrhos and Snapchat is going to provide us with another boost.”
Anyone wishing to add Rydal Penrhos School to their Snapchat can do so by searching the username “RydalPenrhos”, and any pupil wishing to take part in a Snapchat takeover for a day is urged to contact Mr Jones via email at DCJones@rydalpenrhos.com.
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
- Roughly 70% of Snapchat users are female.
- 30% of US Millennial Internet Users use Snapchat regularly.
- People under the age of 25 use Snapchat for 40 minutes on average every day, more than Instagram’s latest stat for same demographic.
- 50% of Male students share selfies on Snapchat, the number is higher in Female college students. 77% to be precise.
- 45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
- Snapchat reaches 11% of Total digital population.
- More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.